Years of experience
Made in Italy
Smart Building Solutions from Duemmegi
- Lighting and Temperature Control Systems
- Safety & Security Systems
- Access Control Systems
Choose a control system – We are the experts in automation
We apply all our dedication and knowledge to developing automation solutions for buildings and infrastructures that meet the needs of the market.
Over the last 30 years, we have gained significant expertise in automation to satisfy the growing need to design smart buildings.
Duemmegi stands for reliability and quality: only 0.1% of products have been repaired under warranty in the past 6 years.
Make Your Building a Smart One
A smart building is a cost-effective option because it minimizes energy consumption and operating costs. It’s also safer and more efficient since you can control all available assets through the information required to respond reactively and proactively.
Automation that services your building
to manage it remotely, reduce waste, have greater control
Made in Italy
Designed and manufactured in Italy
Building Automation for Buildings and Infrastructures
Make Your Facility Smart
Duemmegi building automation systems can address all the needs of a Mall to minimize energy consumption and operating costs. As a result, the building will be safer, more efficient, and more comfortable.
With the Duemmegi BMS supervisor, all the equipment in a Mall can be controlled from both PC and mobile devices using a dedicated interface. So, it is possible to monitor a facility in order to achieve:
- In-depth analysis of power consumption (temperature, lighting, lamp lifetime).
- Smart lighting management (for greater energy savings and predictive maintenance).
- Increased security (access control, integration with video surveillance and theft-invasion systems).
- Optimal management of renewable energy (electric charging stations, photovoltaic systems, geothermal energy, etc.).
- Artificial lighting systems to achieve greater visual comfort and energy savings.
- Solar shading to achieve optimal winter/summer temperature, reducing power consumption and waste of energy.
- The temperature control system.
- Workstations and work areas through a network of presence detection and outdoor climate sensors.
- Manage the lighting and temperature control systems
- Monitor electrical systems such as electrical cabinets
- Manage alarms and anomalies of all connected equipment and devices.
- Manage employee access, including access to restricted areas.
- Monitor power consumption to reduce energy waste.
Building automation systems for the industry have two main goals: Ensuring building safety and improving energy efficiency. A recent ECA (European Court of Auditors) report based on the Eurostat 2020 data, pointed out that manufacturing is responsible for 25 percent of total energy consumption. A building automation system managed through BMS and a user-friendly graphic user interface can optimize the entire facility (excluding production). You can operate and control:
- Lighting systems
- Safety & Security systems
- Control of Temperature and Renewable Energy systems
In the industrial sector, the ROI of a building automation system is high as it translates into greater efficiency, significant energy waste reduction, and lower operating costs.
- Temperature control systems (Duemmegi’s BMS can communicate with every type of system, from rooftops to VRFs and VRVs). The result will be optimal in terms of energy savings, as well as improving the comfort of each room.
- Lighting systems – Adjusting and optimizing the intensity and color of the light source, and system maintenance.
- Automated air diffusion of fragrances or aromatic essences, which can also be activated by the presence sensor in all rooms.
- Access management.
Museums, historic buildings, and monuments of artistic interest cannot be subject to invasive procedures in order to be properly controlled. Nevertheless, it’s possible to optimize their daily use. Duemmegi can implement a building automation system for these special sites. With this technology, which does not have an invasive impact on the walls and is suitable for implementing and modifying functions, you can manage:
- Lighting (on/off and scenery).
- Air-conditioning system
- Equipment monitoring.
- Window automation (often difficult to access or heavy).
- Access doors/gates (restricted areas, employees, suppliers, and visitors).
- Energy consumption monitoring.
Health care centers, hospitals, and nursing homes can maximize their potential by installing a building automation system with a professional BMS supervisor. Automation technology makes possible to minimize energy use, ensure residents’ comfort, and manage departments, surgeries, laboratories, hallways, and common areas in complete safety. Duemmegi can implement an automated building control system to ensure an efficient and safe healthcare facility that will allow users to:
- Manage lighting and temperature control.
- Ensure all technological systems operate properly.
- Check the efficiency of electrical circuits.
- Check the medical gases plant.
- Manage emergency calls, and much more.
The implementation of a building automation system to create smart, efficient, comfortable, and waste-free buildings is becoming increasingly popular in schools. In this type of facility, a building automation system managed by BMS offers many advantages. The MIUR – the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research – has recently emphasized the major potential of automation for school buildings. Solutions to create smart school buildings mainly involve the control of:
- Lighting systems.
- Temperature control systems.
- Solar shades.
Solutions can also be implemented that allow for remote automation and management of janitor calls, restroom control (anti-flooding and anti-vandalization sensors), air quality control, and more.
- Preset lighting scenarios.
- Fragrance diffusion.
- Management of lighting system, including lighting scenarios and choreography.
- Monitoring of electrical distribution and UPS devices.
- Temperature control of playing fields, stands, and locker rooms.
- Control of anti-flooding and anti-vandalization systems for restrooms.
- Control of access and turnstiles.
Duemmegi's Building Automation Solutions
Duemmegi’s solutions allow for very complex installations in a very simple way with full remote-management capabilities with an intuitive interface that can easily be used by all users. The complexity of new facilities made up by several systems has generated a need for a full integration that must provide an easy and intuitive overview. The Duemmegi solution consists of two interconnected components: A state-of-the-art supervisory platform called WEBCON, and Duemmegi Bus systems. All higher-level changes to a project can be made while the system is running.
Ease of Use
Ease of Use
A building automation system is aimed at a broad consumer base without specialized expertise in home automation systems, so it must be easy to use with a user-friendly
user-friendly interface. It also has to be safe and pose
no danger to those who do not know or understand its
An affordable building automation system must be
flexible enough to meet every need, from the
simplest to the most complex.
Duemmegi technology helps the user by simplifying and
speeding up many of the most common
The system operates 24/7 and requires no special care.
Even in the event of a failure, it is capable of providing
the service for which it was designed or a similar one in the
case of reduced operation. It’s also capable of reporting
failures and generating a report of any
The system is built keeping in mind that it will have to provide continuous service over time. It must be virtually fail-safe
and easy to repair, even by unskilled personnel. In all cases, it should be possible to quickly return the system to operation.
Duemmegi for Your Business
Addressing Your Need for Innovation
Building automation refers to the automated management of a building's technological plants through the use of a supervisory and control infrastructure in order to maximize energy savings, comfort, and occupant safety.
Therefore, when we talk about building automation, we are referring to systems that help create smart buildings, that is, technology that enables greater control and automation of facility operations.
Duemmegi's BMS (Building Management System) is the supervisory system, the interface of which (either through a PC or mobile devices) allows you to control or monitor all the installed equipment. The BMS can also integrate third-party systems, for example, HVAC systems, fire stations, video surveillance systems, etc.
Building automation and home automation (or domotics) are terms that are often used interchangeably as synonyms, but in practice there are some differences. Home automation refers to the home environment and the ability to manage multiple devices within it; building automation focuses on improving the efficiency of a building as a whole.
The typical architecture of a building automation infrastructure typically consists of a first layer called "field," which includes a set of sensors/actuators for each single device (e.g., temperature sensor + actuator valve to control a fan coil); an intermediate layer,called "automation," which controls the sensors/actuators in a coordinated way through automation devices (e.g., a programmable thermostat that controls the operation of multiple fan coils according to a given logic); and a top layer, called "management", where the operation of each system (e.g., the heating system, ventilation, cooling, etc.) is supervised and controlled.
A smart building offers many advantages. Building automation allows for greater:
- Energy consumption awareness.
- Building security.
In addition, there are other key benefits such as:
- Comfort of employees and customers.
- Energy waste reduction.
The automation of facility functions (also accessible from a remote location via PC/Laptop, tablet or smartphone) allows the optimization of all available resources in order to increase building performance. This translates into significant energy savings (up to more than 50 percent), increased livability, and improved safety.
With a building automation system and a dedicated graphic interface, you can easily configure and control:
- Access to public and restricted areas.
- The lighting conditions - which will always be set at optimal levels.
- The ambient temperature - which will provide you with significant energy savings.
- The collection and analysis of power consumption data that will enable energy managers to optimize use, providing you with greater comfort and savings.
- Security - with the possibility of integrating state-of-the-art safety and security systems, you’ll always have everything under control to keep everyone in your facility safe.
Collecting and analyzing data originating from power consumption monitoring is very important. It means taking the first major step toward energy efficiency and optimized management of building systems. Identifying waste and knowing the reasons behind it help to correct wrong behaviors and providing you with real, tangible energy savings and a sustainable cost of ownership.
Thanks to building automation and the centralized management of existing systems, your building's energy manager will be able to ensure a rational use of energy, resulting in an environmentally sustainable facility with a lower impact and optimized operating costs.
Through a customized system, a building automation solution makes it possible to:
- Optimize electric and heating energy consumption to reduce costs
- Plan and manage all regular, unscheduled, and preventive maintenance activities
In addition, the ability to monitor energy usage in a facility offers an unparalleled advantage for your property. It allows you to check energy efficiency, correcting any anomalies or improper behaviors and, thus, reduce waste. Working together with your energy manager, you can even plan improvements that can increase the energy efficiency of your building.
With building automation, you can manage your building's lighting in a smart way. This means being able to:
- Adjust the brightness of the lighting using the DALI (Digital Addressable Lighting Interface) BUS Technology. Thanks to this technology, the lighting units inside your building are treated as devices that can be configured according to your needs or required functions. In addition, each lighting unit can provide detailed information about its operation and any anomaly or fault.
- Program the lighting system to suit specific operating requirements.
- Create special lighting effects using the DMX 512 (Digital MultipleX) protocol.
- Optimize operation through scheduled maintenance. This provides the ideal level of lighting while saving on unpredicted service costs and the related purchase of spare parts (so-called predictive maintenance).
Smart lighting management is not just about artificial light sources. Even solar shades can be automatically controlled (shutters and blinds, both internal and external). Adjusting solar shades according to the angle of the sun on the building allows you to:
- Have greater visual comfort.
- Avoid glare.
- Optimize artificial lighting, temperature control and air-conditioning systems.
- Reduce waste with optimal management of energy consumption.
The shades are automatically controlled by a number of sensors that detect conditions to constantly adjust them according to the sun’s position.
The Duemmegi building automation system seamlessly integrates third-party technologies designed to ensure the safety and security of your building. You can conveniently manage them with a single user-friendly interface directly from the BMS dashboard:
- Theft-invasion control units.
- Fire control units.
- Video surveillance systems.
All the systems integrated into the BMS ensure the safety of your facility while making life easier for users. The intuitive graphic interface allows even nontechnical personnel to visualize any problem (flooding, fire outbreak, gas leak, intruders) and alert them quickly and accurately.
A single control system can facilitate all operations related to the safety and security of a nonresidential building such as a high-rise office building, a shopping mall, or a school. At the same time, it ensures the optimization of available resources (sensors, alarms, cameras, perimeter alarms, etc.) while also containing costs. The convergence of all safety and security activities into a single control system is an added-value feature that your smart building simply cannot do without.
Building automation systems provide a means to monitor electricity, gas, and water consumption. A number of meters, either proprietary or third-party, can be installed in order to provide for proper energy management. Your facility's energy manager can therefore easily take action to:
- Detect any leaks.
- Identify waste or misuse.
- Optimize use.
- Plan equipment maintenance.
Through constant monitoring of consumption, the automation system proactively alerts you in case of excessive consumption or misuse. Thus, you can intervene promptly to minimize waste in order to protect the environment.
For photovoltaic or geothermal installations - which are becoming increasingly common in nonresidential properties - a building automation system selects the best supply source to use at a given time. The BMS also monitors the health of these systems, often located in hard-to-access places, such as roofs. Again, this ensures the optimization of the use of the equipment and their conditions.
The major advantage of access management in nonresidential buildings is the ability to automate people's access to a facility, streamlining the flow and ensuring security.
Duemmegi offers a wide choice of access management solutions. These solutions allow people to move independently within a facility according to their role. For employees and vendors, it allows them to optimize their access time as well. Each person will be uniquely identified and enabled to access specific areas only, in total security and in a very efficient manner.
In all nonresidential buildings, such as shopping malls, offices, and hotels, Duemmegi's central BMS supervisory software enables access control and management with the ability to:
- Use an advanced and user-friendly web interface.
- Make changes remotely while the system is operational.
- Control the system remotely to cut operating costs.
The functionalities that can be implemented with our systems increase comfort within a building. Integrating natural light with artificial light contributes significantly to energy savings while also ensuring the highest level of environmental comfort.
Perceived comfort is further enhanced by implementing an efficient temperature control management system combined with solar shading management.
In Europe, more than 40 percent of available energy is consumed by buildings. However, our continent is very keen on optimizing sources of supply. Being dependent on foreign countries for energy supply, it has always promoted energy efficiency in buildings (see EPBD, Energy Performance of Buildings Directive).
Today, reducing energy waste for better environmental sustainability is no longer considered an option. All "nonresidential" buildings are required to implement an automation system.
Building automation is one of the tools that can effectively help increasing the energy efficiency of buildings and, thanks to measures such as lamp replacement, photovoltaic systems, etc., it also allows users to acquire energy efficiency certificates (so called “white certificates” in Italy) for their facility.
With a building automation system, you’ll be able to manage your energy consumption wisely and efficiently, while reducing waste. You’ll also be able to continue protecting the environment and saving on the operating costs of your building's energy sources.